Careers Education and Work Experience
With a renewed focus on Careers from central Government through the Gatsby report, Cloughwood Academy are currently working towards meeting 100% of the Gatsby Benchmarks
Meeting the Gatsby Benchmarks
The Government’s Careers Strategy and statutory guidance uses the Gatsby Benchmarks to set out a range of requirements that schools and colleges must meet.
Using the expertise of our team, we have mapped out how each of our activities and events can support pupils to make informed choices and achieve their full potential.
A stable careers programme, as outlined in the Gatsby Report, must meet the following 8 benchmarks:
1. A stable careers programme
2. Learning from career and labour market information
3. Addressing the needs of each pupil
4. Linking curriculum learning to careers
5. Encounters with employers and employees
6. Experiences of workplaces
7. Encounters with further and higher education
8. Personal guidance
At Cloughwood Academy, we measure and asses the impact of our careers programme on pupils through :
o Destination measures for Y11
o Student voice, parent/staff feedback
o Employer feedback
o Visiting partners
o Work experience evaluation
o Compass self-evaluation tool
If you would like any further information on Gatsby Benchmarks, please email Rick McEvoy at email@example.com or call 01606 288090.